Clinical psychologists treat people with relatively serious kinds of psychological distress, like depression or anxiety disorders. They hold Master’s Degrees in Clinical Psychology and are registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa.
HPCSA Number: PS 0131024
Practice Number: 08 60 00 08 27 99 1
Psych Central was established with head psychologist Christel Roets, to create an environment that can cater for various mental health needs, including psychotherapy and psychological assessment. With various therapists, we try to match you with a therapist that you can relate to and build a trusting relationship with.
We aim to help individuals understand and explore their inner selves, assist with diagnosis of mental disorders and relieve psychological distress. We wish to help individuals become more adaptive in their lives, form healthy relationships with those around them and to ultimately achieve a sense of self-actualization.
We have the following Clinical, Counselling & Educational psychologists:
• (Female) Christel Roets - Clinical Psychologist & Social Worker
MA. CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY (NWU) HONS. BA. PSYCHOLOGY (NWU) BA. SOCIAL WORK (NWU)
About Christel: https://www.psychcentral.co.za/about-christel
• (Female) Ismat Tarr-Hamid - Clinical Psychologist
MA. CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY (NWU) HONS. BA. PSYCHOLOGY (UFS) BACHELOR OF ARTS (UFS)
About Ismat: https://www.psychcentral.co.za/about-ismat
• (Female) Nicola Sumption - Counselling Psychologist
MA. COMMUNITY-BASED COUNSELLING PSYCHOLOGY (WITS) HONS. BA. PSYCHOLOGY (UNISA) POST-GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN MANAGEMENT (WITS) BACHELOR OF ARTS (WITS)
About Nicola: https://www.psychcentral.co.za/about-nicole
• (Female) Julia Haslam - Educational Psychologist
MA. EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY (WITS) B.PSYCH EQUIVALENCE (UJ) HONS. BA. PSYCHOLOGY (RHODES) BACHELOR OF ARTS (RHODES)
About Julia: https://www.psychcentral.co.za/about-julia
• (Female) Kavishka Moodley - Counselling Psychologist
MA. COMMUNITY-BASED COUNSELLING PSYCHOLOGY (WITS) HONS. BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (WITS) BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (WITS)
About Kavishka: https://www.psychcentral.co.za/about-kavishka
• (Male) James Brown - Clinical Psychologist
MA. CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY (UP) BA. HONS PSYCHOLOGY (UNISA) TEFL (BOSTON COLLEGE) BSC. PSYCHOLOGY & PHYSIOLOGY (NWU)
About James: https://www.psychcentral.co.za/about-james
• (Female) Alexa Scher - Clinical Psychologist
MA. CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY (UKZN) HONS. BA. PSYCHOLOGY (RHODES) BACHELORS OF SOCIAL SCIENCES (UCT)
About Alexa: https://www.psychcentral.co.za/about-alexa
• (Female) - Abeedah Hendricks-Lalla - Clinical Psychologist & Social Worker
MA. CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY & COMMUNITY COUNSELLING (SU) MA. PSYCHOLOGY (UWC) BA. HONS. PSUCHOLOGY (UWC) BSW. SOCIAL WORK & PSYCHOLOGY (UCT)
About Abeedah: https://www.psychcentral.co.za/about-abeedah
Read more about each individual practitioner on our website: https://www.psychcentral.co.za/
Our Psychologists Specialize In:
• Individual Therapy • Family Therapy • Group Therapy • Couples Therapy • Child Therapy • Adolescent Therapy • Geriatric Therapy
We also offer various assessments, both clinical and educational, tailored to your needs in the following areas:
• Forensic • Medico-Legal • School Readiness • Career Guidance • Neuropsychological • Psycho-Diagnostic • Personality & Emotional • Cognitive • Other
Collectively we have a vast scope of practice including, but not limited to:
• Academic & career guidance • Adjustment difficulties • Anxiety • Bereavement • Bipolar disorder • Borderline personality disorder • Conduct disorder • Conflict resolution • Communication & interpersonal skills • Depression • Emotional & behavioural problems in kids • Emotional regulation • Family relational problems • Grief • HIV/ AIDS • Interpersonal difficulties • Learning disabilities • Mindfulness • Neurodevelopmental disorders • OCD & ADHD • Oppositional Defiant Disorder • Personal growth • Personality disorders • Phobias • PTSD • Relationship difficulties • Self-esteem issues • Stress management & burn-out • Substances • Trauma & stress
Works with: Adults, children, adolescents, couples, individuals, and families.
Specialising in: Addiction, anxiety disorder, bipolar disorder, career assessments, chronic medical conditions, depression, developmental disorders, eating disorders, family difficulties, fertility related issues, learning difficulties, learning disorders, life changes, loss/grief, marital/couples therapy, neuropsychiatric disorders, organisational development, personality disorders, play therapy, process addiction, relationships, schizophrenia, self development, sexuality and gender, and trauma.
Working in: English and Afrikaans.